Monday, December 19, 2005

Windy City

I dont know about the rest of you but it has been really windy at our house the past couple of days. I dont really like the wind since it almost blew a tree on top of the house where I was sleeping a couple of years ago. The house that we are in now has some big trees in the back yard so it makes me nervous. On sunday I prayed all day long that God would keep us safe. Actually the main reason is if any of you watched the news last night, I think channel 7 you would have seen a tree through someones house. And guess what, It was two houses down from us. I was in the kitchen and I heard a noise, not too loud but I looked outside and there it was. It was a miracle that no one was hurt. I think the parents were in the house but not in the livingroom. The kids were playing at the neighbors. The guy said that he was watching tv and that if he had still been sitting on the couch he would have been gone. It was really sad. But they really seemed in good spirits. I havent met them yet so I thought I might do something for them. All the guys were running around the house and it was cold and windy so I made a pot of coffee.

Then one of the neighbors came over to check on our trees and we got to talking. She said this is going to be their best Christmas. And I looked at here and thought "What". She said they all still have their lives. And I said yeah that is true. But truly in the back of my mind I thought Lady you are nuts, they just lost their house a week before Christmas. But at least they have a place to go. They were able to reach through the window and get all their presents they had under the tree. Im just glad that no one was hurt. Please pray that our house stays tree free today. They say the wind is supposed to stop today.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

It's really windy here today too, in Burlington. It's hard with trees because they are so beautiful to have around the house but then when a big storm comes you feel a little differently. But just think of this, they have survived many years of storms and some really bad ones, you probably wont have any problems! But have you ever had them checked out to see if there is any rot that needs to be taken care of? Just an idea that might put your mind at ease. Bless you!