Monday, December 12, 2005

Correction

No, we have RATS. Actually both. I dont know if there are any more but we did have them. We killed 2 on saturday with traps and we put out poison in the garage. I havent heard anything else but who knows. It still grosses me out.

Oh I just remembered I havent told the story. (There is some sensitive material in this so those of you who get grossed out easily, dont read any further. The other night I was laying bed watching tv and I heard something. So I turned the tv off for like 10 min. Then I heard the cupboard doors to the garbage bang around. So I went out there and there were mashed potatoes lined through the livingroom. So I freaked out and tried to wake Darren up but he was sound asleep so I shut our door and finally fell asleep. So next morning I told darren and he freaked out. I looked behind the couch where the potaoes led and our vent was open and there was stuff all around it. Grooooossssssssssssssss. So we taped around all of the vents. I think that was the only way they were getting in except behind the garbage, but we took care of that. Anyway, If you are feeling sick about any of that run to the bathroom. Im sorry you had to read that.

4 comments:

Chris and Laura said...

Did you know that rats have a collapsible skeleton which allows them to fit through a hole the size of a quarter? They also reproduce rather quickly that's why you feel like you can never get rid of them. I learned all these rat facts from GQ magazine, pretty interesting huh? Good Luck!

Potts Family 5 said...

Oh Amelia!!! That is soooo yucky! I remember when we had 2 mice when Gracie was a baby. I was so nervous when I would get up during the night to nurse her because I thought I'd step on one - ewww! When we caught the mice - 1 was huge, they were feasting or...multiplying!

Jenni said...

You don't even want to hear all the rat stories I have :) Yes, I agree-they are nasty!!!!! We had them really bad one year and after much searching found one about the size a small cat dead under the couch (it smelled really bad that is how we knew there was a dead one about somewhere :) Glad you got rid of them!

Karen said...

Welcome to life in the country, girl! Get a cat and a dog...it really helps!

And ask Michelle Jensen about the rat problem we used to have...talk about GROSS!! She'll have some stories for you that will turn your hair gray!

:-)