Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Viva Las Vegas




We had such a great time in Vegas. Alot of sightseeing. We didnt do everything that we wanted to but we did see alot. We loved the Bellagio and MGM Grand. The MGM is huge. We kept getting lost. I liked New York and Paris. I was able to treat myself to acrylic nails. I dont usually do things like that for myself but it was a fun treat. Andrea Bocelli was amazing. Our seats werent that good but the sound was unbelievable. He did a tribute to Pavarotti and I think it was better. He has such an amazing voice, I even cried at one point. Darren really enjoyed it too. It was a fun time to get away and spend some time together. We will definitely go back. We didnt go on the ride that I would pee my pants on. It was at the other end of the strip and it was really windy. Im so glad. Anyway Here are some pics. I cant seem to take good pictures with my fat face and all.

5 comments:

ryandofelmier said...

hey how come our name isn't on your friends list anymore?

Chris and Laura said...

I'm glad you guys had such a great weekend in Vegas! By the way Amelia, your face isn't fat, it's beautiful!!!!!

Derekdja said...

Amelia,

My name is Derek Andrews. I am from Amarillo, Texas, originally. I was born Derek Joseph Dofelmier in April of 1962. My mother's name is Betty Johnson (maiden). My father signed away his parental rights so I could be adopted when my mother remarried. I believe he ultimately did the right thing and have no problem with that. His name was Laurence Joseph Dofelmier. I understand he passed away in 1998. I have decided to try and contact the Dofelmier family as there is no one in my adoptive family, besides my mother, that I am very close with and for more practical reasons such as medical history. I was recently hospitalized and was not able to provide any medical information about my biological father's side of the family. My first question is this: are Darren, Ryan, and Kyle related to the Laurence Dofelmier that I mentioned earlier? He was in the Air Force and stationed at the Amarillo Air Base is the early sixties. My mother and he divorced when I was 1. My mother and adoptive father have never told me anything about him or even acknowledged that he existed. Everything that I have learned has been through looking through old files, the Internet, and from court papers provided by my maternal grandparents before their deaths. I have wondered if any of the other Dofelmier family members know I exist and if they would be interested in exchanging information, i.e., e-mail, phone calls, etc. I have no other ulterior motives. I know that this comes out of left field. I have wrestled with whether or not to contact my biological father's side of the family for many years. Events in my life have helped me to decide to try. It's a big step for me. I would appreciate your response.

I am a college graduate and have worked in the social service field for 14 years. I currently live in Wichita Falls, Texas.

I have read your blogs, and you guys appear to be a very close- knit family.

Thank you!

Derek Andrews

derek.andrews@dfps.state.tx.u

Derekdja said...

It appears that I left out a letter in my e-mail address. The address is derek.andrews@dfps.state.tx.us

Derek

Mama Mia! said...

FUN! I love Vegas!