Monday, December 31, 2007

A BROTHER FOUND

DARREN SAID I am very excited to let everyone know that Myself, Kyle and Ryan have found our long lost brother.. His name is Derek and he was born in Texas in 1962.. I have known for a while that I had a brother and have even tried through the internet to track him down. I really did not have enough information to find him, just his first name, birthplace, and his mothers maiden name, which was Johnson.. Derek, through information provided by his grandparents, was able to find our blog.. (read the post under our Vegas trip).. Not knowing the circumstances, I stopped looking.. wishing he would find us someday. and with a last name like Dofelmier, I knew it wouldn't take much effort once he knew his birth last name.. I am sure I will have upates for you as we catch up with Derek.. Happy New Year everyone!

4 comments:

mindycrown said...

Hi Dofelmier Family. I'm a friend of Derek's and I was just snooping. I hope that's okay. I'm really glad he's found you guys, and you lucky to have him. He's such a great guy. Just reading the blogs it's funny to see how much he has in common with his brothers. I'm sure you guys will have lots of fun catching up.

Mindy

Kyle, Chelsie and Jacob said...

I talked to derek tonight and it was great getting to know our cowboy fan brother. Even though he likes Romo, I won't hold that against him. He will soon realize that he is a part of the greatest family there is outside of Texas.

Karen said...

Darren and Amelia,

This is so incredible - I had shivers reading the comment he initially made in the Vegas post. WOW.

Did you know that I found my birth mom? I searched for her and found her just over 5 years ago - we have a precious relationship, and I'm so glad that I have her in my life. I will pray that all goes well with Derek - what an adventure!!

Love you guys,
Karen (and the fam, who all stood around cheering at your news - we've been through it - we know the thrill that it is!)

Cat said...

Hello, Talked with your brother Derek this last week! It does feel strange to say " your brother Derek".

I never gave up that someday you would find each other. Now I can't wait until spring to see him!!

Derek -- if you are reading this--
Welcome to the family!!!!!

Love you all!!

Aunt Cathy